Work on Andhra Bhavan at Sabarimala to begin soon
Sabarimala: The work on the Andhra Bhavan at Nilakkal camp near Sabarimala would begin without delay, N Vidyasagar, Deputy Speaker of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council said here on Monday.
The Trvancore Devaswom Board (TDB) had already provided five acres of land for building the Andhra Bhavan, for the stay of pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh, who constitute a major chunk of devotees visiting the hillshrine of Lord Ayyappa during the `mandala` and `makaravilakku` seasons.
Vidyasagar, who offered worship at the shrine, said he would take up the matter with the Andhra Pradesh Government on his return to Hyderabad.
He also participated in the "punyam poongavanam" scheme launched at the Sannidhanam to keep the surroundings of the temple clean and hygienic.
Lauding the programme, Vidyasagar said he would suggest the Andhra Pradesh Government to give publicity to the scheme.
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'