Work on Andhra Bhavan at Sabarimala to begin soon
Sabarimala: The work on the Andhra Bhavan at Nilakkal camp near Sabarimala would begin without delay, N Vidyasagar, Deputy Speaker of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council said here on Monday.
The Trvancore Devaswom Board (TDB) had already provided five acres of land for building the Andhra Bhavan, for the stay of pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh, who constitute a major chunk of devotees visiting the hillshrine of Lord Ayyappa during the `mandala` and `makaravilakku` seasons.
Vidyasagar, who offered worship at the shrine, said he would take up the matter with the Andhra Pradesh Government on his return to Hyderabad.
He also participated in the "punyam poongavanam" scheme launched at the Sannidhanam to keep the surroundings of the temple clean and hygienic.
Lauding the programme, Vidyasagar said he would suggest the Andhra Pradesh Government to give publicity to the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test