Would be tough to remove hurdles in Telangana formation: Reddy
Kadapa: The Centre may find it difficult to overcome hurdles and constitutional obligations in way of creating a separate state of Telangana out of Andhra Pradesh, Congress party official spokesperson from AP, N Tulasi Reddy, has said.
It would be difficult for the central government to overlook the old conventions adopted by previous governments and to bypass constitutional procedures while forming the new state, Reddy told a news agency here.
"No new state was created without consent of MLAs," he said.
There were many obstacles in the formation of the state without the consent of MLAs and Assembly, he said.
In the case of Telangana state formation, the concerned Bill may be kept in abeyance if the state Assembly rejects the proposal, he opined.
"Hopefully we are of the view that the Centre will abide by the `federal` norms of the biggest democracy in the interest of national integrity," he said.
Reddy said he had a strong feeling that the state will be kept intact and the `Samaikyandhrapradesh` will exist in future also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in