Yeddyurappa is with the party, says Gadkari
Hyderabad: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Friday
parried a question on whether B S Yeddyurappa will be
A dozen party MPs from the state on Thursday met senior
leader L K Advani, seeking that Yeddyurappa be brought back as
the Chief Minister.
The BJP president, who was in the city to extend support
to the three-day hunger strike by party`s national secretary
Muralidhar Rao over weavers` problems, said: "The BJP
government in Karnataka is doing well...the government is
indeed doing good work for development."
To the question about MPs from Yeddyurappa camp meeting
Advani, Gakari said these MPs had met him too, and discussed
several issues. "Yeddyurappa... being with the party, will
also work in support of the government," he said.
The BJP chief, however, refused to answer the question
whether the party had any plans to bring back Yeddyurappa, who
had to quit as the Chief Minister after an adverse report by
Lokayukta in a land allottment case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply