You are CM on Sonia`s mercy: Naidu to Reddy
Hyderabad: The debate on the no-confidence motion in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday witnessed an acrimonious verbal duel between Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu who said the government has become a "big joke" in the public.
Naidu initiated the debate on the no-trust motion, moved by his Telugu Desam Party (TDP), and started listing out the "failures" of the Congress government on all fronts.
"Our no-confidence is not only against the Chief Minister but also on the ministers. This government has lost our confidence to rule," Naidu remarked, prompting Kumar to retort.
Kumar said, "We don`t need Chandrababu`s confidence. We have people`s confidence and hence are in power".
As the Leader of Opposition named the Chief Minister and made certain remarks about his administration, Reddy rose and said in an angry voice, "Let us settle the scores now," provoking an equal reaction from the former.
"You are a nominated Chief Minister. You got the post by falling on Sonia`s feet. You are a sealed cover CM and yours is a spineless leadership," Naidu charged.
"My family (Kiran and his late father Amarnath Reddy) won 12 elections on behalf of the Congress since 1962. I have the support of MLAs and the grace of Sonia Gandhi. You backstabbed your own father-in-law to become the Chief Minister (in 1995)," the Chief Minister retorted.
"I am a leader on my own. You are a leader at Sonia’s mercy," Naidu hit back.
"As Chief Minister you are unable even to go to the public without police protection. Your government has become a big joke in the public," the Leader of Opposition continued.
"You are facing CBI probe (into alleged amassing of wealth). You have no right to talk about corruption," Reddy reacted when the TDP president referred to the various alleged scandals under the Congress rule since 2004.
"You are facing CBI probe (into alleged amassing of
wealth). You have no right to talk about corruption," Reddy
reacted when the TDP president referred to the various alleged
scandals under the Congress rule since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal