Youth calls Penna Cements posing as CBI officer; held
Hyderabad: A youth was arrested after he allegedly posed as a CBI officer and made calls to Penna Cements Industries here on the pretext of helping the company in a charge sheet filed against it by the central agency for getting more project works for his uncle, police said on Thursday.
The accused Sada Krishna Chaitanya, a medical representative from Chennai, called up Penna Cements and introduced himself as Jagadish, a CBI officer, and sought to get an appointment with the company CMD on the pretext of helping them in the charge sheet, so as to get more project works from the company to his uncle, they said.
Acting on a complaint by CBI`s Anti-Corruption Branch, the Central Crime Station, a wing of Hyderabad Police, during the course of investigation nabbed Chaitanya from Chennai yesterday. It was revealed that his uncle runs a water purification company, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Detective Department) Pala Raju said.
"Chaitanya`s uncle got some project works from Penna Cements earlier. His uncle was stated to be in financial crisis due to lack of sufficient project works in hand and Chaitanya decided to help him," the DCP said.
"In order to arrange new projects for him from Penna Cements, he (Chaitanya) hatched a plan and impersonated as a CBI officer," Raju said.
The CBI had filed a charge sheet against Penna Cements in the case of alleged quid pro quo investments involving YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, on September 10 last year and had named Chairman of Penna Group Prathap Reddy, as one of the accused.
The CBI alleged that the Penna Group had invested Rs 68 crore in companies owned by Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says