Youth drowns at Kakinada beach, 3 others feared dead
Rajahmundry: A 20-year-old student of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) got drowned at Kakinada beach on Sunday, while three of his friends are also feared dead, police said.
A massive search has been launched to trace the three missing youths, they said.
According to police, the deceased identified as R Rajendra Prasad, who hailed from a village in Guntur district, had gone to play volleyball at the beach with a group of around ten friends from JNTU.
While they were playing on the beach, the ball got tossed into the sea. Prasad and his three friends G Ranjeet Kumar, M Ajay Kumar and P Eswarchandra immediately entered the water to fetch the ball, police added.
However, it was when these boys did not return to the shore, their friends realised the trouble and they launched a search and also informed the authorities.
Prasad`s body was later fished out from the sea, but three other students have not been traced so far, police said.
All of them were students of the first year of B Pharm and stayed at JNTU hostel, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars