Youth drowns at Kakinada beach, 3 others feared dead
Rajahmundry: A 20-year-old student of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) got drowned at Kakinada beach on Sunday, while three of his friends are also feared dead, police said.
A massive search has been launched to trace the three missing youths, they said.
According to police, the deceased identified as R Rajendra Prasad, who hailed from a village in Guntur district, had gone to play volleyball at the beach with a group of around ten friends from JNTU.
While they were playing on the beach, the ball got tossed into the sea. Prasad and his three friends G Ranjeet Kumar, M Ajay Kumar and P Eswarchandra immediately entered the water to fetch the ball, police added.
However, it was when these boys did not return to the shore, their friends realised the trouble and they launched a search and also informed the authorities.
Prasad`s body was later fished out from the sea, but three other students have not been traced so far, police said.
All of them were students of the first year of B Pharm and stayed at JNTU hostel, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown