Youth drowns at Kakinada beach, 3 others feared dead
Rajahmundry: A 20-year-old student of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) got drowned at Kakinada beach on Sunday, while three of his friends are also feared dead, police said.
A massive search has been launched to trace the three missing youths, they said.
According to police, the deceased identified as R Rajendra Prasad, who hailed from a village in Guntur district, had gone to play volleyball at the beach with a group of around ten friends from JNTU.
While they were playing on the beach, the ball got tossed into the sea. Prasad and his three friends G Ranjeet Kumar, M Ajay Kumar and P Eswarchandra immediately entered the water to fetch the ball, police added.
However, it was when these boys did not return to the shore, their friends realised the trouble and they launched a search and also informed the authorities.
Prasad`s body was later fished out from the sea, but three other students have not been traced so far, police said.
All of them were students of the first year of B Pharm and stayed at JNTU hostel, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday