Youth gets life term for raping minor tribal girl
Sangareddy: A Special Court has sentenced a 20-year-old youth to life imprisonment for raping a minor tribal girl near here in Medak district last year.
Pintu Yadav was awarded life imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 after being convicted under the SC/ST (Prevention) of Atrocities Act, Special Public Prosecutor Jala Humba Josephine said.
He was also handed 10-year jail term for rape under IPC and fined Rs 1,000 by the court, set up under the Act, which delivered its judgement two days ago, Josephine said.
Both the sentences will run concurrently and in case of default in payment of the fine, the convict will have to undergo three-month additional imprisonment, she said.
According to the prosecution, Yadav, a labourer from Bihar, lured the 6-year-old girl, whose family resided in a hamlet under Patancheru mandal of Medak district, by offering her to buy chocolates on the evening of May 18, 2012. He then took the girl on outskirts of the hamlet and raped her.
Besides IPC, the accused was charged under the SC/ST Act for committing atrocity on a member of a Scheduled Tribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29