Youth gets life term for raping minor tribal girl
Sangareddy: A Special Court has sentenced a 20-year-old youth to life imprisonment for raping a minor tribal girl near here in Medak district last year.
Pintu Yadav was awarded life imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 after being convicted under the SC/ST (Prevention) of Atrocities Act, Special Public Prosecutor Jala Humba Josephine said.
He was also handed 10-year jail term for rape under IPC and fined Rs 1,000 by the court, set up under the Act, which delivered its judgement two days ago, Josephine said.
Both the sentences will run concurrently and in case of default in payment of the fine, the convict will have to undergo three-month additional imprisonment, she said.
According to the prosecution, Yadav, a labourer from Bihar, lured the 6-year-old girl, whose family resided in a hamlet under Patancheru mandal of Medak district, by offering her to buy chocolates on the evening of May 18, 2012. He then took the girl on outskirts of the hamlet and raped her.
Besides IPC, the accused was charged under the SC/ST Act for committing atrocity on a member of a Scheduled Tribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday