Youth held for abducting, raping minor girl in AP
Hyderabad: A youth was arrested for allegedly abducting and raping a 15-year-old girl in Shalibanda area in old city here, police said Wednesday.
The accused Suleman Bin Hassan took the minor girl with him on October 15 and allegedly raped her at a city lodge and was in the process of taking the girl to Gulbarga city in Karnataka, they said.
Shalibanda Police Inspector S Maheswar said they had initially booked a missing case following a complaint.
During the course of investigation the police traced the girl from a house here on October 20. However, Hassan, who had gone absconding, was arrested yesterday and sent to judicial remand.
After recording the statement of the girl and her father, police registered a case against Hassan for offences of kidnapping and rape under IPC sections, besides under the relevant sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, Maheshwar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city