Youth held for abducting, raping minor girl in AP
Hyderabad: A youth was arrested for allegedly abducting and raping a 15-year-old girl in Shalibanda area in old city here, police said Wednesday.
The accused Suleman Bin Hassan took the minor girl with him on October 15 and allegedly raped her at a city lodge and was in the process of taking the girl to Gulbarga city in Karnataka, they said.
Shalibanda Police Inspector S Maheswar said they had initially booked a missing case following a complaint.
During the course of investigation the police traced the girl from a house here on October 20. However, Hassan, who had gone absconding, was arrested yesterday and sent to judicial remand.
After recording the statement of the girl and her father, police registered a case against Hassan for offences of kidnapping and rape under IPC sections, besides under the relevant sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, Maheshwar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday