Youth held for harassing girl by impersonating her on Orkut
Hyderabad: Hyberabad police Thursday arrested a 25-year-old youth for allegedly harassing a girl through abusive/vulgar messages and obscene pictures after creating a fake account on a social networking website in her name.
The accused S Praveen Kumar alias Raju, an MSc graduate, created a fake email-Id and later opened an account using the photo of the victim on Orkut and pasted her photographs and some obscene scenes collected from different websites and wrote vulgar comments in that account (as if the girl wrote them), they said.
He even used to respond to the messages and emails to that account, a release from the police of Hyderabad, famous as "Cyberabad", said tonight.
"The accused with an intention to defame the girl created an account on her name with vulgar comments and obscene photographs," it said, adding, Kumar was nabbed from Gandhi Nagar here.
The Cyber Crime Police station of Hyberabad Commissionerate registered a case against Praveen Kumar under Section 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC and under relevant sections of the IT Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump