Youth held for harassing girl by impersonating her on Orkut
Hyderabad: Hyberabad police Thursday arrested a 25-year-old youth for allegedly harassing a girl through abusive/vulgar messages and obscene pictures after creating a fake account on a social networking website in her name.
The accused S Praveen Kumar alias Raju, an MSc graduate, created a fake email-Id and later opened an account using the photo of the victim on Orkut and pasted her photographs and some obscene scenes collected from different websites and wrote vulgar comments in that account (as if the girl wrote them), they said.
He even used to respond to the messages and emails to that account, a release from the police of Hyderabad, famous as "Cyberabad", said tonight.
"The accused with an intention to defame the girl created an account on her name with vulgar comments and obscene photographs," it said, adding, Kumar was nabbed from Gandhi Nagar here.
The Cyber Crime Police station of Hyberabad Commissionerate registered a case against Praveen Kumar under Section 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC and under relevant sections of the IT Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31