Youth held for harassing girl by impersonating her on Orkut
Hyderabad: Hyberabad police Thursday arrested a 25-year-old youth for allegedly harassing a girl through abusive/vulgar messages and obscene pictures after creating a fake account on a social networking website in her name.
The accused S Praveen Kumar alias Raju, an MSc graduate, created a fake email-Id and later opened an account using the photo of the victim on Orkut and pasted her photographs and some obscene scenes collected from different websites and wrote vulgar comments in that account (as if the girl wrote them), they said.
He even used to respond to the messages and emails to that account, a release from the police of Hyderabad, famous as "Cyberabad", said tonight.
"The accused with an intention to defame the girl created an account on her name with vulgar comments and obscene photographs," it said, adding, Kumar was nabbed from Gandhi Nagar here.
The Cyber Crime Police station of Hyberabad Commissionerate registered a case against Praveen Kumar under Section 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC and under relevant sections of the IT Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui