Youth held for raping teenager
Hyderabad: A youth was on Sunday apprehended along with his mother-in-law after he allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl with her help in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
Accused Jagadish allegedly raped the minor, who is his neighbour in Daulapur village of Yalal mandal of Ranga Reddy, about four months back following which she became pregnant, they said based on a complaint lodged by the victim`s mother.
The complainant accused Jagadish, a private employee, of raping the girl at his house initially and later two more times in an agricultural field, police said.
Yesterday, when she took her daughter to a hospital it came to light that the girl was 4-month pregnant.
Following the complaint, a case was registered against Jagadish on charge of rape, criminal intimidation of IPC and under relevant sections of Nirbhaya Act.
The accused`s mother-in-law Bhimamma was booked for abetment of offence under section 109 of IPC, an investigation officer said, adding that the duo were nabbed and being further questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'