Youth held for raping teenager
Hyderabad: A youth was on Sunday apprehended along with his mother-in-law after he allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl with her help in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
Accused Jagadish allegedly raped the minor, who is his neighbour in Daulapur village of Yalal mandal of Ranga Reddy, about four months back following which she became pregnant, they said based on a complaint lodged by the victim`s mother.
The complainant accused Jagadish, a private employee, of raping the girl at his house initially and later two more times in an agricultural field, police said.
Yesterday, when she took her daughter to a hospital it came to light that the girl was 4-month pregnant.
Following the complaint, a case was registered against Jagadish on charge of rape, criminal intimidation of IPC and under relevant sections of Nirbhaya Act.
The accused`s mother-in-law Bhimamma was booked for abetment of offence under section 109 of IPC, an investigation officer said, adding that the duo were nabbed and being further questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview