Youth held for raping teenager
Hyderabad: A youth was on Sunday apprehended along with his mother-in-law after he allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl with her help in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said.
Accused Jagadish allegedly raped the minor, who is his neighbour in Daulapur village of Yalal mandal of Ranga Reddy, about four months back following which she became pregnant, they said based on a complaint lodged by the victim`s mother.
The complainant accused Jagadish, a private employee, of raping the girl at his house initially and later two more times in an agricultural field, police said.
Yesterday, when she took her daughter to a hospital it came to light that the girl was 4-month pregnant.
Following the complaint, a case was registered against Jagadish on charge of rape, criminal intimidation of IPC and under relevant sections of Nirbhaya Act.
The accused`s mother-in-law Bhimamma was booked for abetment of offence under section 109 of IPC, an investigation officer said, adding that the duo were nabbed and being further questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi