Youth kills self for creation of Telangana
Hyderabad: A 23-year-old electrician allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree on the Osmania University (OU) campus here today for the "cause of separate state of Telangana", police said.
The deceased, identified only as Bharat, was found hanging from a tree on the campus by some locals who alerted police.
The deceased, a native of Huzurnagar in Nalgonda district, came here only two months ago and had been working as an electrician, police said.
In a suicide note, purportedly written by him, Bharat said "he was dying for Telangana", police said.
"The letter in Telugu further stated that only TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao was leading the movement for a separate statehood. Bharat also asked Congress and TDP to support the creation of Telangana state", Inspector P Ashok of OU police station told PTI quoting the note.
Osmania University has been the hotbed of the movement for Telangana led by students since November 2009.
Instances of students killing themselves allegedly over delay in carving out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh had taken place in the past at the OU.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city