Youth kills self for creation of Telangana
Hyderabad: A 23-year-old electrician allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree on the Osmania University (OU) campus here today for the "cause of separate state of Telangana", police said.
The deceased, identified only as Bharat, was found hanging from a tree on the campus by some locals who alerted police.
The deceased, a native of Huzurnagar in Nalgonda district, came here only two months ago and had been working as an electrician, police said.
In a suicide note, purportedly written by him, Bharat said "he was dying for Telangana", police said.
"The letter in Telugu further stated that only TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao was leading the movement for a separate statehood. Bharat also asked Congress and TDP to support the creation of Telangana state", Inspector P Ashok of OU police station told PTI quoting the note.
Osmania University has been the hotbed of the movement for Telangana led by students since November 2009.
Instances of students killing themselves allegedly over delay in carving out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh had taken place in the past at the OU.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda