YS Vijayamma accuses AP govt of failing to help farmers
Srikakulam: Honorary President the YSR Congress Y S Vijayamma today accused the Andhra Pradesh government of failing to help rain-hit farmers in the state.
While visiting rain-hit villages in Srikakulam district on Wednesday, she said that though the state government initiated preventive measures to face Cyclone Phailin, it failed to help victims who suffered due to torrential rains which hit the district.
She lambasted the government for failing to provide even food and drinking water to victims in several villages.
After farmers in Budumuru, Kalingapatnam, Gara and some other villages urged her to waive existing loans, she assured them that her party would bring it to the notice of the Centre and exert pressure over the issue.
She said if her party was voted to power, interest free loans would be provided to farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre