YSR Cong dares TDP to move no-trust motion against Cong govt
Hyderabad: Following Andhra Pradesh Congress president B Satyanarayana`s indication of expulsion of nine party MLAs, YSR Congress Party on Saturday dared the main opposition TDP to move a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar Reddy-led Congress Government.
"The government does not have the figures for a simple majority and TDP, which has been vociferous about the failures of the state Government, should move a no-trust move, or if it has an understanding with the ruling party, it should be categorical about it," YSRCP leader MV Mysoora Reddy said.
TDP should make clear whether it wants to fight the people`s cause or it wants to help Congress government to continue till 2014 elections, he added.
YSRCP accused the TPD of colluding with the Kiran Kumar Reddy-led Congress Government by offering support.
"As TDP has the numbers to move a no-confidence motion and being the principal opposition party, it is its bounden duty to ask the government to test its strength on the floor of the house. If TDP has any political compulsions or an agreement with Congress that it will not topple the government till 2014, it is free to announce its stand," he said.
The show of strength becomes necessary with the magic figure of 148 (for a simple majority) eluding the Congress if nine of its 155 members have been suspended, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read
- Govt begins search for Bankruptcy Board chief
- BSF - Pakistan Rangers talks this week in Lahore
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 4