YSR Cong dares TDP to move no-trust motion against Cong govt
Hyderabad: Following Andhra Pradesh Congress president B Satyanarayana`s indication of expulsion of nine party MLAs, YSR Congress Party on Saturday dared the main opposition TDP to move a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar Reddy-led Congress Government.
"The government does not have the figures for a simple majority and TDP, which has been vociferous about the failures of the state Government, should move a no-trust move, or if it has an understanding with the ruling party, it should be categorical about it," YSRCP leader MV Mysoora Reddy said.
TDP should make clear whether it wants to fight the people`s cause or it wants to help Congress government to continue till 2014 elections, he added.
YSRCP accused the TPD of colluding with the Kiran Kumar Reddy-led Congress Government by offering support.
"As TDP has the numbers to move a no-confidence motion and being the principal opposition party, it is its bounden duty to ask the government to test its strength on the floor of the house. If TDP has any political compulsions or an agreement with Congress that it will not topple the government till 2014, it is free to announce its stand," he said.
The show of strength becomes necessary with the magic figure of 148 (for a simple majority) eluding the Congress if nine of its 155 members have been suspended, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory