YSR Cong doesn’t rule out merger with Cong
Hyderabad: YSR Congress, which had virtually decimated the Congress party in a large number of by-elections, does not rule out the possibility of its eventual merger or alliance with the parent party.
"The future will decide that," was the cryptic reply that YSR Congress honorary president and MLA Y S Vijaya gave when questioned about political speculation in this regard.
Asked specifically whether she would rule out the possibility of either YSRC`s merger or alliance with Congress, she merely said the future would decide that.
"Jagan has categorically said there will be not be any alliance with communal parties (read BJP)," Vijaya recalled this afternoon, indicating that their options vis-a-vis the Congress were open.
For long, the principal opposition Telugu Desam Party had been alleging that YSRC was into a "match-fixing" deal with the Congress and once Jagan was bailed out of the ongoing criminal cases, the two parties would become one.
Even today, TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu forecast that the YSR Congress would eventually merge with the Congress.
"Is it not a fact that Vijaya and Jagan entered into an agreement with the Congress to make Rahul Gandhi the Prime Minister in 2014? Why did Jagan and Vijaya not publicise the agreements they had with the Congress high command," Yanamala said in a statement.
Vijaya`s ambivalent stand vis-a-vis the Congress only gives credence to the opposition`s charge.
The widow of late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy sat on a two-day "Fees Deeksha" here demanding that the state government extend the fee reimbursement scheme to all students without any restrictions.
With her son and Kadapa MP lodged in jail as an undertrial in the disproportionate assets case, Vijaya has been holding fort of the 18-month-old party and taking on the Congress government in AP through a series of agitation programmes on different issues.
"The (Kiran Kumar Reddy) government lacks the vision or the magnanimity of YSR. With a budget of Rs 1.49 lakh crore, can`t it reimburse the tuition fee for a few hundred poor students," the MLA questioned, adding the Congress was trying to gradually do away with the scheme.
"Before YSR became Chief Minister, no poor student could even dream of becoming an engineer or a doctor but he turned their dreams into reality by launching the fee reimbursement scheme under saturation concept," she recalled.
The YSRC was building an awareness among people on various issues and trying to open the government`s eyes, she said.
"We will be with the people always and fight for their cause. Being an opposition party now, we may not do anything but we can give the confidence to people that once Jagan becomes the Chief Minister, all their problems will be solved and they can prosper," Vijaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India