YSR Cong doesn’t rule out merger with Cong
Hyderabad: YSR Congress, which had virtually decimated the Congress party in a large number of by-elections, does not rule out the possibility of its eventual merger or alliance with the parent party.
"The future will decide that," was the cryptic reply that YSR Congress honorary president and MLA Y S Vijaya gave when questioned about political speculation in this regard.
Asked specifically whether she would rule out the possibility of either YSRC`s merger or alliance with Congress, she merely said the future would decide that.
"Jagan has categorically said there will be not be any alliance with communal parties (read BJP)," Vijaya recalled this afternoon, indicating that their options vis-a-vis the Congress were open.
For long, the principal opposition Telugu Desam Party had been alleging that YSRC was into a "match-fixing" deal with the Congress and once Jagan was bailed out of the ongoing criminal cases, the two parties would become one.
Even today, TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu forecast that the YSR Congress would eventually merge with the Congress.
"Is it not a fact that Vijaya and Jagan entered into an agreement with the Congress to make Rahul Gandhi the Prime Minister in 2014? Why did Jagan and Vijaya not publicise the agreements they had with the Congress high command," Yanamala said in a statement.
Vijaya`s ambivalent stand vis-a-vis the Congress only gives credence to the opposition`s charge.
The widow of late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy sat on a two-day "Fees Deeksha" here demanding that the state government extend the fee reimbursement scheme to all students without any restrictions.
With her son and Kadapa MP lodged in jail as an undertrial in the disproportionate assets case, Vijaya has been holding fort of the 18-month-old party and taking on the Congress government in AP through a series of agitation programmes on different issues.
"The (Kiran Kumar Reddy) government lacks the vision or the magnanimity of YSR. With a budget of Rs 1.49 lakh crore, can`t it reimburse the tuition fee for a few hundred poor students," the MLA questioned, adding the Congress was trying to gradually do away with the scheme.
"Before YSR became Chief Minister, no poor student could even dream of becoming an engineer or a doctor but he turned their dreams into reality by launching the fee reimbursement scheme under saturation concept," she recalled.
The YSRC was building an awareness among people on various issues and trying to open the government`s eyes, she said.
"We will be with the people always and fight for their cause. Being an opposition party now, we may not do anything but we can give the confidence to people that once Jagan becomes the Chief Minister, all their problems will be solved and they can prosper," Vijaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in