YSR Cong has no intention to destabilise Andhra govt
New Delhi: Its impressive performance in the recent by-polls notwithstanding, Jaganmohan Reddy`s YSR Congress does not have any intention to destabilise the Kiran Kumar Reddy government in Andhra Pradesh, but would welcome people from any party.
YS Vijayamma, the mother of jailed leader of the party YS Jaganmohan Reddy, also dismissed suggestions that the by- poll victory was due to "sympathy" triggered after her son`s arrest and attributed the success to the love people have for her late husband YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
"Why should we do anything? We have no such intentions. After all, this government was brought by late YS Rajasekhara Reddy. People voted the Congress Government back because of his policies and good work that he did," she told a news agency here.
She made it clear that the YSR Congress would do nothing to bring down the Kiran Kumar Reddy government, but said her party would welcome "whoever wants to join it."
"No. Why should we do it? We will wait till 2014. We need time as well to reach out to the people. We need to build the party further," was all she said, when pressed further whether her party would try to pull down the Congress Government.
YSR Congress swept the recent by-elections to 18 Assembly constituencies by bagging 15 seats and winning a Lok Sabha seat.
The YSR Congress aspires to rout the Congress and TDP in the 2014 Assembly elections and establish its government in Andhra Pradesh.
She said people voted in the by-elections in favour of her late husband and her son. "At least three to four persons in a family benefited from my husband`s policies. So, they voted for my son now. There is no sympathy factor attached to it."
Vijayamma also said the party would not have any relationship with Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow