YSR Cong has no intention to destabilise Andhra govt
New Delhi: Its impressive performance in the recent by-polls notwithstanding, Jaganmohan Reddy`s YSR Congress does not have any intention to destabilise the Kiran Kumar Reddy government in Andhra Pradesh, but would welcome people from any party.
YS Vijayamma, the mother of jailed leader of the party YS Jaganmohan Reddy, also dismissed suggestions that the by- poll victory was due to "sympathy" triggered after her son`s arrest and attributed the success to the love people have for her late husband YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
"Why should we do anything? We have no such intentions. After all, this government was brought by late YS Rajasekhara Reddy. People voted the Congress Government back because of his policies and good work that he did," she told a news agency here.
She made it clear that the YSR Congress would do nothing to bring down the Kiran Kumar Reddy government, but said her party would welcome "whoever wants to join it."
"No. Why should we do it? We will wait till 2014. We need time as well to reach out to the people. We need to build the party further," was all she said, when pressed further whether her party would try to pull down the Congress Government.
YSR Congress swept the recent by-elections to 18 Assembly constituencies by bagging 15 seats and winning a Lok Sabha seat.
The YSR Congress aspires to rout the Congress and TDP in the 2014 Assembly elections and establish its government in Andhra Pradesh.
She said people voted in the by-elections in favour of her late husband and her son. "At least three to four persons in a family benefited from my husband`s policies. So, they voted for my son now. There is no sympathy factor attached to it."
Vijayamma also said the party would not have any relationship with Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days