YSR Cong MLAs ask AP Guv to accept resignations
Hyderabad: The MLAs of YSR Congress Party,
who had quit in the wake of inclusion of YS Rajasekhara
Reddy`s name in an FIR filed by CBI, on Monday urged Andhra
Pradesh Assembly Speaker N Manohar to accept their
"We resigned on August 22 in protest against the
inclusion of late YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in the CBI FIR.
We gave our resignations to the (Assembly) Secretary as
Speaker was not present. It is our responsibility to meet the
Speaker. We requested him to accept our resignations," P
Subhash Chandra Bose, a Jagan-loyalist MLA, told reporters.
"The Speaker told us that he would take a decision as
per rules and procedures," he said.
Twenty-six of the 29 YSR MLAs met the Speaker as the
three others could not turn up for some reasons.
Rebel Congress MLA Balineni Srinivasa Reddy said the
intention of the MLAs in quitting was not to destabilise the
(Congress) government but as a mark of protest against alleged
inclusion of Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in the FIR of CBI.
Bose said they would meet Governor tomorrow and tell
him that the state government should have filed an affidavit in
the court in connection with the case being investigated.
The CBI probe into the huge assets amassed by Jagan
was ordered by the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
The legislators met the Speaker urging him to accept
their resignations against the backdrop of Congress leaders
stating that Jagan-loyalists were not serious about
Asserting that there is no threat to the Congress
government due to these resignations, state Congress president
Botsa Satyanarayana said there is no need to persuade them to
take back their resignations.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Canara Bank revises lending rates based on MCLR