YSR Cong MLAs ask AP Guv to accept resignations
Hyderabad: The MLAs of YSR Congress Party,
who had quit in the wake of inclusion of YS Rajasekhara
Reddy`s name in an FIR filed by CBI, on Monday urged Andhra
Pradesh Assembly Speaker N Manohar to accept their
"We resigned on August 22 in protest against the
inclusion of late YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in the CBI FIR.
We gave our resignations to the (Assembly) Secretary as
Speaker was not present. It is our responsibility to meet the
Speaker. We requested him to accept our resignations," P
Subhash Chandra Bose, a Jagan-loyalist MLA, told reporters.
"The Speaker told us that he would take a decision as
per rules and procedures," he said.
Twenty-six of the 29 YSR MLAs met the Speaker as the
three others could not turn up for some reasons.
Rebel Congress MLA Balineni Srinivasa Reddy said the
intention of the MLAs in quitting was not to destabilise the
(Congress) government but as a mark of protest against alleged
inclusion of Rajasekhara Reddy`s name in the FIR of CBI.
Bose said they would meet Governor tomorrow and tell
him that the state government should have filed an affidavit in
the court in connection with the case being investigated.
The CBI probe into the huge assets amassed by Jagan
was ordered by the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
The legislators met the Speaker urging him to accept
their resignations against the backdrop of Congress leaders
stating that Jagan-loyalists were not serious about
Asserting that there is no threat to the Congress
government due to these resignations, state Congress president
Botsa Satyanarayana said there is no need to persuade them to
take back their resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next