YSR Cong protests against irregular power supply in AP
Vijayawada: YSR Congress party honorary president Y S Vijayamma on Tuesday staged a protest here to "expose" the ruling Andhra Pradesh Congress government`s "failure" to provide uninterrupted power supply in the state.
Even as YSR Congress staged protests all over the state over the issue, Vijayamma, the mother of jailed Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, held a demonstration at the city`s electricity engineer`s office here.
Thousands of YSR Congress sympathisers, particularly women and farmers from rural areas, attended the dharna.
Former TDP leader Uppuleti Kalpana, who resigned from the Telugu Desam recently, also attended the dharna.
Earlier, Vijayamma also inaugurated the party office in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam