YSR Cong protests against irregular power supply in AP
Vijayawada: YSR Congress party honorary president Y S Vijayamma on Tuesday staged a protest here to "expose" the ruling Andhra Pradesh Congress government`s "failure" to provide uninterrupted power supply in the state.
Even as YSR Congress staged protests all over the state over the issue, Vijayamma, the mother of jailed Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, held a demonstration at the city`s electricity engineer`s office here.
Thousands of YSR Congress sympathisers, particularly women and farmers from rural areas, attended the dharna.
Former TDP leader Uppuleti Kalpana, who resigned from the Telugu Desam recently, also attended the dharna.
Earlier, Vijayamma also inaugurated the party office in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family