YSR Cong says it will play key role in Delhi after 2014 polls
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress will emerge as a vital force and play a key role at the national level after the 2014 general elections, said its Honorary President YS Vijayamma on Tuesday.
"We have to rededicate ourselves for bringing back the golden era of YSR (late CM Rajasekhara Reddy) by strengthening the party through mass contact programmes, which will enable us to win over 200 Assembly and more than 30 Parliament seats (in AP)," she said, addressing party workers on the second anniversary of YSR Congress here.
In the two years of existence, YSR Congress has seen many twists and turns, received overwhelming support and faced severe hardships, but (party founder) YS Jaganmohan Reddy did not budge and stood ground to fulfil his promise of bringing back the golden era of YSR, she maintained.
Though Jagan is in jail for 10 months in the past two years, he remained in the hearts of the people, which was reflected in the elections held in Kadapa and the subsequent by-elections (where the party put up a good show), Vijayamma added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'