YSR Congress’ bandh call; party leaders detained
Vijayawada: A number of YSR Congress leaders and workers in Vijayawada and Krishna district were today detained in view of the state-wide bandh call given by the party against the Andhra Pradesh government`s "failure" to resolve power crisis.
As the YSR Congress leaders came out on streets in the early hours to allegedly obstruct the movement of buses, police foiled their attempt by taking them into custody.
At some places, the leaders entered into arguments with the police over their detention.
YSR Congress`s Krishna district convenor S Udaya Bhanu, Vijayawada city convenor Jaleel Khan and other district leaders and workers were detained.
The APSRTC was operating its services as usual and all educational institutions were open in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout