YSR Congress’ bandh call; party leaders detained
Vijayawada: A number of YSR Congress leaders and workers in Vijayawada and Krishna district were today detained in view of the state-wide bandh call given by the party against the Andhra Pradesh government`s "failure" to resolve power crisis.
As the YSR Congress leaders came out on streets in the early hours to allegedly obstruct the movement of buses, police foiled their attempt by taking them into custody.
At some places, the leaders entered into arguments with the police over their detention.
YSR Congress`s Krishna district convenor S Udaya Bhanu, Vijayawada city convenor Jaleel Khan and other district leaders and workers were detained.
The APSRTC was operating its services as usual and all educational institutions were open in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love