YSR Congress cries conspiracy over Jagan`s arrest
New Delhi: YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s mother YS Vijayamma Wednesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here to allege that there was a conspiracy against her son over his arrest in the disproportionate wealth case. She also feared that his security had been compromised.
Vijayamma, the working president of the party, said a senior CBI officer in Hyderabad was being used by her son`s detractors to target him and sought a judicial probe into the entire episode.
The YSR Congress legislator from Pulivendula in Andhra Pradesh submitted a letter listing her grouse over Jaganmohan`s arrest and the alleged conspiracies against him.
Jagan floated the YSR Congress about a year ago after snapping ties with the Congress.
Pouring out her anguish to Manmohan Singh, Vijayamma alleged that there was a "greater conspiracy" to harass Jaganmohan and that a joint director-level CBI officer was acting with "ulterior motive" against her son.
"I also told the PM that taking the name of YS Rajasekhara Reddy in the FIR was a wrong move. I also asked him what was the mistake done by Jagan?
"Why was he arrested when he was just accused number 51 in the case? I also asked him why Jagan and his associates are being harassed?" she later told reporters here.
"We request you to order a probe by a sitting judge of the Supreme Court and also CVC into the manner in which the CBI and its official are acting with ulterior motives against Jaganmohan Reddy and the vengeance with which it is being done," Vijayamma said in the letter.
She told the PM that she feared for the security of Jaganmohan and that the CBI official was deliberately leaking information on her son`s movement from the prison to the courts for hearings, apart from planting false stories against him in the rival media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...