YSR Congress indulging in blackmail politics: TDP
Hyderabad: Telugu DesamParty president N Chandrababu Naidu Friday hit out at the YSR Congress saying the party was speaking of a no-confidence motion against the state government as part of its "blackmail politics".
"Those people, who don`t even know how and when a no-confidence motion is moved, are talking about it. It is only to further their blackmail politics and bargain clandestine deals that they want a no-confidence motion," Chandrababu alleged.
The TDP chief was reacting to YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy`s demand that the principal Opposition party move a no-trust motion against the Congress government in the state or support one it would move.
"If they (YSRC) have those many MLAs on their side, let them parade them before the Governor and bring down the government," the Leader of Opposition challenged, addressing a rally as part of his `Vastunna Meekosam` foot march in Ranga Reddy district this evening.
He said the TDP had moved a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar government last year over people`s and farmers` issues, but now, some parties were talking about such a motion only to further their vested interests.
The TDP would never hesitate to move a no-confidence motion on people`s issues when the need arose, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas