YSR Congress indulging in blackmail politics: TDP
Hyderabad: Telugu DesamParty president N Chandrababu Naidu Friday hit out at the YSR Congress saying the party was speaking of a no-confidence motion against the state government as part of its "blackmail politics".
"Those people, who don`t even know how and when a no-confidence motion is moved, are talking about it. It is only to further their blackmail politics and bargain clandestine deals that they want a no-confidence motion," Chandrababu alleged.
The TDP chief was reacting to YSRC Central Governing Council member M V Mysura Reddy`s demand that the principal Opposition party move a no-trust motion against the Congress government in the state or support one it would move.
"If they (YSRC) have those many MLAs on their side, let them parade them before the Governor and bring down the government," the Leader of Opposition challenged, addressing a rally as part of his `Vastunna Meekosam` foot march in Ranga Reddy district this evening.
He said the TDP had moved a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar government last year over people`s and farmers` issues, but now, some parties were talking about such a motion only to further their vested interests.
The TDP would never hesitate to move a no-confidence motion on people`s issues when the need arose, he said.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today