YSR Congress leaders meet President
New Delhi/Hyderabad: YSR Congress party honorary president YS Vijayamma on Wednesday called on President Pranab Mukherjee and urged him to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
Vijayamma was accompanied by Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechuri and leaders of her party.
Later, talking to reporters, Vijayamma said she drew the President`s attention towards the protests in Seemandhra and the strike by government employees including teachers, transport workers and electricity employees.
She said 60 percent of the people outside of Telangana were on the streets and the administration had come to a standstill in the region.
Vijayamma demanded that Andhra Pradesh should not be divided without the state Assembly passing a resolution.
Vijayamma has been meeting leaders of various political parties in the national capital to mobilise support for a united Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay