YSR Congress leaders meet President
New Delhi/Hyderabad: YSR Congress party honorary president YS Vijayamma on Wednesday called on President Pranab Mukherjee and urged him to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
Vijayamma was accompanied by Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechuri and leaders of her party.
Later, talking to reporters, Vijayamma said she drew the President`s attention towards the protests in Seemandhra and the strike by government employees including teachers, transport workers and electricity employees.
She said 60 percent of the people outside of Telangana were on the streets and the administration had come to a standstill in the region.
Vijayamma demanded that Andhra Pradesh should not be divided without the state Assembly passing a resolution.
Vijayamma has been meeting leaders of various political parties in the national capital to mobilise support for a united Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control