YSR Congress leaders meet President
New Delhi/Hyderabad: YSR Congress party honorary president YS Vijayamma on Wednesday called on President Pranab Mukherjee and urged him to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
Vijayamma was accompanied by Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechuri and leaders of her party.
Later, talking to reporters, Vijayamma said she drew the President`s attention towards the protests in Seemandhra and the strike by government employees including teachers, transport workers and electricity employees.
She said 60 percent of the people outside of Telangana were on the streets and the administration had come to a standstill in the region.
Vijayamma demanded that Andhra Pradesh should not be divided without the state Assembly passing a resolution.
Vijayamma has been meeting leaders of various political parties in the national capital to mobilise support for a united Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report