YSR Congress leaders meet President
New Delhi/Hyderabad: YSR Congress party honorary president YS Vijayamma on Wednesday called on President Pranab Mukherjee and urged him to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
Vijayamma was accompanied by Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechuri and leaders of her party.
Later, talking to reporters, Vijayamma said she drew the President`s attention towards the protests in Seemandhra and the strike by government employees including teachers, transport workers and electricity employees.
She said 60 percent of the people outside of Telangana were on the streets and the administration had come to a standstill in the region.
Vijayamma demanded that Andhra Pradesh should not be divided without the state Assembly passing a resolution.
Vijayamma has been meeting leaders of various political parties in the national capital to mobilise support for a united Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight