YSR Congress MLA arrested for election-related offences
Hyderabad: YSR Congress MLA Kapu Ramachandra Reddy was arrested on Friday in connection with election related offences in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Police carried out simultaneous raids at the residence of the MLA as well as others in Rayadurgam town of the district and in Bellary and Bangalore in neighbouring Karnataka since last night and seized 3,200 wall clocks, diaries, readymade clothes and bangles among other articles, police said.
"The MLA has been arrested for poll-related offences. These articles were allegedly meant for distribution among voters before the elections, in order to get their votes," Anantapur district Superintendent of Police S Senthil Kumar told.
The MLA from Rayadurgam has been booked under various sections of the Representation of the People Act and the Indian Penal Code, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!