YSR Congress not to contest Rajya Sabha elections
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) on Thursday said it would not contest the biennial elections to be held to fill six Rajya Sabha seats from Andhra Pradesh as it does not have the strength to get its candidates elected.
"Our party would not contest the Rajya Sabha elections as our party does not have the numerical strength to get our candidate elected.
"Our MLAs would not take part in these elections (to be held next month)," senior YSRCP leader M V Mysoora Reddy said in a release here.
He alleged that ruling Congress, main Opposition TDP and TRS, who are in favour of Andhra Pradesh`s division, have entered into clandestine understanding for the polls as they want to field candidates without having requisite legislative strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack