YSR Congress not to contest Rajya Sabha elections
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) on Thursday said it would not contest the biennial elections to be held to fill six Rajya Sabha seats from Andhra Pradesh as it does not have the strength to get its candidates elected.
"Our party would not contest the Rajya Sabha elections as our party does not have the numerical strength to get our candidate elected.
"Our MLAs would not take part in these elections (to be held next month)," senior YSRCP leader M V Mysoora Reddy said in a release here.
He alleged that ruling Congress, main Opposition TDP and TRS, who are in favour of Andhra Pradesh`s division, have entered into clandestine understanding for the polls as they want to field candidates without having requisite legislative strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Money laundering: Chhagan, Sameer Bhujbal's judicial custody extended till June 7
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro