YSR Congress not to contest Rajya Sabha elections
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) on Thursday said it would not contest the biennial elections to be held to fill six Rajya Sabha seats from Andhra Pradesh as it does not have the strength to get its candidates elected.
"Our party would not contest the Rajya Sabha elections as our party does not have the numerical strength to get our candidate elected.
"Our MLAs would not take part in these elections (to be held next month)," senior YSRCP leader M V Mysoora Reddy said in a release here.
He alleged that ruling Congress, main Opposition TDP and TRS, who are in favour of Andhra Pradesh`s division, have entered into clandestine understanding for the polls as they want to field candidates without having requisite legislative strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements