YSR Congress to organise rally on Oct 19 in support of united AP
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) would organise a public meeting here on October 19 in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
YSRCP President YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who is out on bail in the corruption case filed against him, had announced yesterday that a meeting would be held on a convenient day between October 15 and 20.
Meanwhile, YSR Congress has chalked out a month-long mass-contact programme beginning on Gandhi Jayanthi (October 2) till the Andhra Pradesh formation day on November 1 in support of its demand of keeping the State united.
"We will begin the programme with a day`s fast on October 2 by leaders of our party in 175 Assembly constituencies spread over 13 districts (of Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema) and will culminate with all panchayats holding a meeting and passing resolution to keep the State united," YSRCP leader Konathala Ramakrishna told reporters here.
"We also call upon the supporters of united Andhra Pradesh to extend their support to our programme and also to the public meeting which we are going to organise in the city on October 19," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!