YSR Congress to organise rally on Oct 19 in support of united AP
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) would organise a public meeting here on October 19 in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
YSRCP President YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who is out on bail in the corruption case filed against him, had announced yesterday that a meeting would be held on a convenient day between October 15 and 20.
Meanwhile, YSR Congress has chalked out a month-long mass-contact programme beginning on Gandhi Jayanthi (October 2) till the Andhra Pradesh formation day on November 1 in support of its demand of keeping the State united.
"We will begin the programme with a day`s fast on October 2 by leaders of our party in 175 Assembly constituencies spread over 13 districts (of Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema) and will culminate with all panchayats holding a meeting and passing resolution to keep the State united," YSRCP leader Konathala Ramakrishna told reporters here.
"We also call upon the supporters of united Andhra Pradesh to extend their support to our programme and also to the public meeting which we are going to organise in the city on October 19," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday