YSR Congress to protest against Jagan`s prolonged detention
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party will organise protest on May 27 and 28 against the "unlawful" detention of its chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the last one year.
"The party leaders and cadre will take part in rally to be held at Necklace Road in the city tomorrow to vent their feelings against the unlawful arrest and detention of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy," Party`s Deputy Floor Leader in the assembly Sobha Nagi Reddy told reporters here on Sunday.
Claiming that the arrest of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was part of a political conspiracy hatched by the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP, she said party workers across the state would also take out a candle march on May 27.
The Party will also stage a day-long protest at Indira Park on Tuesday to press for its demand to expedite Jagan`s case, she said.
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was arrested in an alleged disproportionate assets case on May 27 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video