‘YSR Congress undecided about Telangana’
Kadapa: Former minister and YSR Congress leader Konda Surekha on Sunday said his party was yet to decide about the delegation to participate in the proposed all-party meeting on the Telangana and also the party`s stand on the issue.
The party senior leadership will take a decision on the delegation and party stand on Telangana within a day or two, and nothing could be disclosed to reporters before the meeting, she said.
Talking to a news agency at Rayachoty, after attending a marriage, she alleged Congress is the culprit for all confusion over the Telangana issue and it has been playing a "drama" to divert the people`s attention.
When all political parties had already expressed their opinions on Telangana and the Sri Krishna Committee gave its recommendations long ago, "why does the Congress call an all party meeting again" she asked.
Answering her own question, she alleged, "the Congress wants to play a drama again to cheat the people".
She said in 2009, the central government did not invite the Loksatta Party, but the present home minister has done so, merely to put the YSR Congress, which is a political threat to the Congress, in an uncomfortable position.
She cited statements of YSR Congress president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy regarding Telangana and said that the party would honour Telangana people`s sentiments.
However, when asked about her party`s stand about sentiments of people in Rayalaseema and Andhra, who favour a united state, she observed silence.
She asked how the ruling Congress could ask other parties to give their opinion on Telangana, when the Congress itself had not disclosed its stand.
She said as an individual, "I am for separate Telangana".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?