YSR Congress wants Andhra Assembly session
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress party Thursday again urged Andhra Pradesh Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan to immediately convene the state assembly to pass a resolution to keep the state united.
A delegation of party leaders led by president Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy called on the governor at Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum.
This was the second time Jagan, as the young leader is popularly known, has met the governor to demand an assembly session. He had called on the governor Sep 30.
The MP from Kadapa said that only by passing a resolution and sending the same to the central government, the process for the state`s bifurcation could be stalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC