YSR Congress wants Andhra Assembly session
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress party Thursday again urged Andhra Pradesh Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan to immediately convene the state assembly to pass a resolution to keep the state united.
A delegation of party leaders led by president Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy called on the governor at Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum.
This was the second time Jagan, as the young leader is popularly known, has met the governor to demand an assembly session. He had called on the governor Sep 30.
The MP from Kadapa said that only by passing a resolution and sending the same to the central government, the process for the state`s bifurcation could be stalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar