YSR Congress wants Andhra Assembly session
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress party Thursday again urged Andhra Pradesh Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan to immediately convene the state assembly to pass a resolution to keep the state united.
A delegation of party leaders led by president Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy called on the governor at Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum.
This was the second time Jagan, as the young leader is popularly known, has met the governor to demand an assembly session. He had called on the governor Sep 30.
The MP from Kadapa said that only by passing a resolution and sending the same to the central government, the process for the state`s bifurcation could be stalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city