YSR Congress welcomes Vijayawada as Andhra Pradesh capital
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) has welcomed the Andhra Pradesh government`s move to develop the state capital around Vijayawada even as it found fault with the manner in which the decision was taken.
Members of the opposition party voiced their protest when Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu made the announcement in the state Assembly. They argued that the issue should have been discussed before taking a decision.
YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy said while his party had no objection over the government`s choice, it only wanted a decision in a democratic manner.
Jagan, as the leader of opposition is popularly known, said in the larger interest of the state his party welcomed the decision and was ready to give constructive suggestions.
He, however, said capital should come up on government land. He said the development of capital required 30,000 acres and voiced his apprehension that the land pooling system proposed by the government will lead to sharp increase in land prices, benefiting landlords.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata