YSR Congress welcomes Vijayawada as Andhra Pradesh capital
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) has welcomed the Andhra Pradesh government`s move to develop the state capital around Vijayawada even as it found fault with the manner in which the decision was taken.
Members of the opposition party voiced their protest when Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu made the announcement in the state Assembly. They argued that the issue should have been discussed before taking a decision.
YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy said while his party had no objection over the government`s choice, it only wanted a decision in a democratic manner.
Jagan, as the leader of opposition is popularly known, said in the larger interest of the state his party welcomed the decision and was ready to give constructive suggestions.
He, however, said capital should come up on government land. He said the development of capital required 30,000 acres and voiced his apprehension that the land pooling system proposed by the government will lead to sharp increase in land prices, benefiting landlords.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town