YSR Congress welcomes Vijayawada as Andhra Pradesh capital
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) has welcomed the Andhra Pradesh government`s move to develop the state capital around Vijayawada even as it found fault with the manner in which the decision was taken.
Members of the opposition party voiced their protest when Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu made the announcement in the state Assembly. They argued that the issue should have been discussed before taking a decision.
YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy said while his party had no objection over the government`s choice, it only wanted a decision in a democratic manner.
Jagan, as the leader of opposition is popularly known, said in the larger interest of the state his party welcomed the decision and was ready to give constructive suggestions.
He, however, said capital should come up on government land. He said the development of capital required 30,000 acres and voiced his apprehension that the land pooling system proposed by the government will lead to sharp increase in land prices, benefiting landlords.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh