YSR Congress welcomes Vijayawada as Andhra Pradesh capital
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) has welcomed the Andhra Pradesh government`s move to develop the state capital around Vijayawada even as it found fault with the manner in which the decision was taken.
Members of the opposition party voiced their protest when Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu made the announcement in the state Assembly. They argued that the issue should have been discussed before taking a decision.
YSRCP president YS Jaganmohan Reddy said while his party had no objection over the government`s choice, it only wanted a decision in a democratic manner.
Jagan, as the leader of opposition is popularly known, said in the larger interest of the state his party welcomed the decision and was ready to give constructive suggestions.
He, however, said capital should come up on government land. He said the development of capital required 30,000 acres and voiced his apprehension that the land pooling system proposed by the government will lead to sharp increase in land prices, benefiting landlords.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say