`YSR Congress will be routed in 2014 elections`
Hyderabad: Congress will have the last laugh in 2014 elections and the "threat" from YSR Congress party will fade out gradually, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa Satyanarayana has said.
"Yes. There is a threat and challenge (from YSR Congress). But I feel that will not last long. For example, in Karnataka, Gali Janardhan Reddy started a party. He got majority in lakhs in initial elections but in the recently held Assembly elections that party was nowhere," Satyanarayana said.
Currently in jail for his alleged role in the illegal mining of iron ore in Bellary (Karnataka) and Anantapur (AP), Janardhan Reddy was with BJP before he floated BSR Congress ahead of Karnataka elections.
Though he admitted that Telangana and Jaganmohan factors have left Congress bruised in Andhra Pradesh in last two years, Satyanarayana alleged that YSR Congress Party was misleading people to hide corruption.
"YSR Congress was formed to cover up their corruption and to take advantage of the sympathy for late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy (Jagan`s father). However, people are realising the truth now," he said.
In the last two years, many Congress MLAs have joined YSR Congress and some of them even voted against the no-confidence motion moved against the N Kiran Kumar Reddy government in the Budget session of state Assembly.
Congress has always implemented pro-people measures, the state Congress chief said.
Satyanarayana said the party has organised a convention of leaders from the block and mandal levels here today to gear up for the ensuing local body polls and to deliberate on welfare schemes being implemented by the governments at the Centre and state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!