`YSR Congress will be routed in 2014 elections`
Hyderabad: Congress will have the last laugh in 2014 elections and the "threat" from YSR Congress party will fade out gradually, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa Satyanarayana has said.
"Yes. There is a threat and challenge (from YSR Congress). But I feel that will not last long. For example, in Karnataka, Gali Janardhan Reddy started a party. He got majority in lakhs in initial elections but in the recently held Assembly elections that party was nowhere," Satyanarayana said.
Currently in jail for his alleged role in the illegal mining of iron ore in Bellary (Karnataka) and Anantapur (AP), Janardhan Reddy was with BJP before he floated BSR Congress ahead of Karnataka elections.
Though he admitted that Telangana and Jaganmohan factors have left Congress bruised in Andhra Pradesh in last two years, Satyanarayana alleged that YSR Congress Party was misleading people to hide corruption.
"YSR Congress was formed to cover up their corruption and to take advantage of the sympathy for late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy (Jagan`s father). However, people are realising the truth now," he said.
In the last two years, many Congress MLAs have joined YSR Congress and some of them even voted against the no-confidence motion moved against the N Kiran Kumar Reddy government in the Budget session of state Assembly.
Congress has always implemented pro-people measures, the state Congress chief said.
Satyanarayana said the party has organised a convention of leaders from the block and mandal levels here today to gear up for the ensuing local body polls and to deliberate on welfare schemes being implemented by the governments at the Centre and state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds
- 0.50% cut in policy rate by March quarter: Morgan Stanley