YSR Congress`s 15 members suspended from Andhra assembly
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress Party`s (YSRCP) 15 legislators were Thursday suspended from the Andhra Pradesh state assembly for a day for stalling the house as they opposed the proposed bifurcation of the state.
Speaker N Manohar suspended the legislators after Minister for Legislative Affairs S. Sailajanath moved a motion for their suspension.
YSRCP lawmakers surrounded the speaker`s podium, demanding that the house pass a resolution urging the central government to keep the state united.
Both the speaker and the legislative affairs minister repeatedly appealed to the legislators to resume their seats and cooperate in the debate on the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2013, sent by the president to the assembly for its opinion.
As YSRCP members continued to stall proceedings, the minister moved a motion for their suspension. The speaker announced that the house adopted the motion with a voice vote. As the legislators refused to leave the house, the speaker called in the marshals, who bodily lifted them out.
Protesting the suspension, YSRCP leader YS Vijayamma staged a walkout.
After coming out of the assembly building, the legislators staged a sit-in on the road, leading to a traffic jam. Police arrested the lawmakers and shifted them to a police station.
The members were suspended a few minutes after the house re-assembled, following two adjournments.
The speaker twice adjourned the house in the morning as YSRCP members continued to stall proceedings. They wanted the speaker to first pass a resolution for a united Andhra Pradesh before taking up the debate on the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly