YSRC against tabling Telangana Bill, writes to Meira Kumar
Hyderabad: YSR Congress today told Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar that it is against tabling the Andhra Pradesh Re-Organisation Bill 2013 in Parliament.
"It is the firm view of our party that the Bill should not be tabled in the Parliament after it was rejected by the state Assembly which moved a resolution to that effect and was carried," YSRCP president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy said in a letter to Kumar.
"Our party is of the view that it is morally not proper to table a Bill rejected by the Assembly. We have opposed the Bill and bifurcation of the state at many forums and will continue to do so even in the Parliament as we feel that the division is undemocratic," he said.
Jaganmohan Reddy, Lok Sabha member from Kadapa, would leave for Delhi today to attend the Parliament session beginning tomorrow and to campaign against division of Andhra Pradesh, party sources said.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, leaders of Congress and TDP from Telangana and Seemandhra (as Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions are together known) are already camping in Delhi as the Centre gears up to table the Telangana bill in Parliament.
Naidu met President Pranab Mukherjee, BJP President Rajnath Singh and other leaders on the issue of state`s division.
The TRS president has met RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, RLD leader Ajit Singh among others to drum up support for the Telangana Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!