YSRC chief Jagan refuses treatment; put on IV fluids
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy, who is on a hunger strike against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, was on Saturday put on intravenous fluids after some his vital parameters dropped, authorities at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) said here.
A team of doctors at NIMS, attending on the Kadapa MP, administered IV fluids after his health indicators including blood pressure and glucose levels dropped drastically, a NIMS official said.
Jagan, who has been fasting since Sunday, was last night shifted to NIMS from the Osmania General Hospital (OGH) on medical advise. A day before, he was brought to OGH from Chanchalguda jail when his health deteriorated following the five-day fast. Both OGH as well as NIMS are government-run hospitals.
According to a senior YSRC leader, Jagan had to be forcefully administered the IV as he continued to refuse treatment and vowed to remain on fast.
YSR Congress members have appealed to its president to withdraw his indefinite fast "as the there are many battles to be fought against the insensitive government in the days to come."
Meanwhile, a local CBI court today granted permission to Jagan`s wife Y S Bharathi, to be with him during his stay in the hospital between 8 am to 4 pm.
YSR Congress Honorary President Y S Vijayamma, who had called off her indefinite fast on August 24, opposing the division after she was forcibly shifted to a hospital in Guntur, had announced that her son would go on an indefinite fast seeking "justice for Seemandhra people."
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU