YSRC chief Jagan refuses treatment; put on IV fluids
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy, who is on a hunger strike against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, was on Saturday put on intravenous fluids after some his vital parameters dropped, authorities at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) said here.
A team of doctors at NIMS, attending on the Kadapa MP, administered IV fluids after his health indicators including blood pressure and glucose levels dropped drastically, a NIMS official said.
Jagan, who has been fasting since Sunday, was last night shifted to NIMS from the Osmania General Hospital (OGH) on medical advise. A day before, he was brought to OGH from Chanchalguda jail when his health deteriorated following the five-day fast. Both OGH as well as NIMS are government-run hospitals.
According to a senior YSRC leader, Jagan had to be forcefully administered the IV as he continued to refuse treatment and vowed to remain on fast.
YSR Congress members have appealed to its president to withdraw his indefinite fast "as the there are many battles to be fought against the insensitive government in the days to come."
Meanwhile, a local CBI court today granted permission to Jagan`s wife Y S Bharathi, to be with him during his stay in the hospital between 8 am to 4 pm.
YSR Congress Honorary President Y S Vijayamma, who had called off her indefinite fast on August 24, opposing the division after she was forcibly shifted to a hospital in Guntur, had announced that her son would go on an indefinite fast seeking "justice for Seemandhra people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM