YSRC chief Jagan refuses treatment; put on IV fluids
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy, who is on a hunger strike against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, was on Saturday put on intravenous fluids after some his vital parameters dropped, authorities at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) said here.
A team of doctors at NIMS, attending on the Kadapa MP, administered IV fluids after his health indicators including blood pressure and glucose levels dropped drastically, a NIMS official said.
Jagan, who has been fasting since Sunday, was last night shifted to NIMS from the Osmania General Hospital (OGH) on medical advise. A day before, he was brought to OGH from Chanchalguda jail when his health deteriorated following the five-day fast. Both OGH as well as NIMS are government-run hospitals.
According to a senior YSRC leader, Jagan had to be forcefully administered the IV as he continued to refuse treatment and vowed to remain on fast.
YSR Congress members have appealed to its president to withdraw his indefinite fast "as the there are many battles to be fought against the insensitive government in the days to come."
Meanwhile, a local CBI court today granted permission to Jagan`s wife Y S Bharathi, to be with him during his stay in the hospital between 8 am to 4 pm.
YSR Congress Honorary President Y S Vijayamma, who had called off her indefinite fast on August 24, opposing the division after she was forcibly shifted to a hospital in Guntur, had announced that her son would go on an indefinite fast seeking "justice for Seemandhra people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan