YSRC chief Jagan refuses treatment; put on IV fluids
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy, who is on a hunger strike against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, was on Saturday put on intravenous fluids after some his vital parameters dropped, authorities at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) said here.
A team of doctors at NIMS, attending on the Kadapa MP, administered IV fluids after his health indicators including blood pressure and glucose levels dropped drastically, a NIMS official said.
Jagan, who has been fasting since Sunday, was last night shifted to NIMS from the Osmania General Hospital (OGH) on medical advise. A day before, he was brought to OGH from Chanchalguda jail when his health deteriorated following the five-day fast. Both OGH as well as NIMS are government-run hospitals.
According to a senior YSRC leader, Jagan had to be forcefully administered the IV as he continued to refuse treatment and vowed to remain on fast.
YSR Congress members have appealed to its president to withdraw his indefinite fast "as the there are many battles to be fought against the insensitive government in the days to come."
Meanwhile, a local CBI court today granted permission to Jagan`s wife Y S Bharathi, to be with him during his stay in the hospital between 8 am to 4 pm.
YSR Congress Honorary President Y S Vijayamma, who had called off her indefinite fast on August 24, opposing the division after she was forcibly shifted to a hospital in Guntur, had announced that her son would go on an indefinite fast seeking "justice for Seemandhra people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you