YSRC stalls House proceedings for 2nd day over violence issue
Hyderabad: The Opposition YSR Congress raised the issue of alleged political violence in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for the second consecutive day on Tuesday leading to stalling of House proceedings post-Question Hour.
The YSRC members stood in the Well and raised slogans like "we want justice", seeking debate on the alleged political violence, to which Speaker K Sivaprasada Rao said they should let the House take up its business as the notice given by them has been posted for tomorrow.
TDP member Dhulipala Narendra alleged that Leader of Opposition YS Jaganmohan Reddy is trying to sling mud at the TDP government by "stating things which are not true".
The Speaker appealed to the Opposition members to resume their seats as the Leader of the House (Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu) sought to make a statement (on a different issue).
The Speaker adjourned the House for 15 minutes as his appeals went unheeded.
Legislative Affairs Minister Y Ramakrishnudu said the Opposition needs to follow the rules and traditions of the House and that public interest should not suffer.
Wondering what is more important than precious human lives, YSRC leader Jaganmohan Reddy favoured debate on the alleged murders in the last three months since TDP came to power.
Referring to Reddy talking about the three months since TDP assumed office, Ramakrishnudu said what happened since 2004 during late YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s regime can also be discussed.
As the YSRC members continued with their demand, the Speaker adjourned the House for the day.
The Question Hour was, however, conducted as per the schedule when the House met this morning.
The YSRC had demanded a debate on the law and order issue yesterday too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan