YSRC to contest polls in `all regions` of Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress on Saturday said it will contest "all the upcoming elections from all regions" of Andhra Pradesh, indicating that it was not ready yet to shut the shop in Telangana where its existence is in jeopardy.
The three-year-old party also said it would contest the polls on its own, without alliances.
The announcements came after YSRC president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and his mother, honorary president Y S Vijaya reviewed the preparations for the elections to urban local bodies, Panchayat Raj institutions, state Assembly and the Parliament.
"We are ready for the battle of the ballot and will pit candidates in all elections in all the regions," senior YSRC senior leader Konathala Ramakrishna told reporters.
"As of now we do not have any tie-up with any political party and we have finalised the names of the candidates for almost all the seats. We will announce the names at an appropriate time," he said.
The YSRC`s decision makes the electoral tussle interesting as its existence in Telangana has been virtually threatened after it took a strong stand against the bifurcation of the state.
All the notable leaders in Telangana left the party protesting its stand on the statehood issue.
The party has announced that Jagan, Vijaya and his sister Sharmila will lead the YSRC`s campaign in the elections, including in Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble