YSRCP assures commitment to united AP
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) today came out openly in support of united Andhra Pradesh, describing itself as a party committed to unity.
In an open letter addressed to the people, YSRCP honorary president Y S Vijayamma said her party stood for unity of the state.
"As written to the Prime Minister by YSR Congress Party, three parties (YSRCP, CPI(M) and MIM) are in support of unity. Five parties (Congress, TDP, BJP, TRS and CPI) are in support of division," she said.
YSRCP had earlier said status quo should be maintained in Andhra Pradesh if the Centre failed to do equal justice to all the regions in the state.
The open letter was written on the eve of YSRCP leader Sharmila, sister of party president Jaganmohan Reddy, launching a yatra in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
Vijayamma alleged that the Congress decided to divide the state with an eye on "votes and seats and no other criteria."
The alleged improper division would do grave injustice to the Seemandhra regions, she said.
She also accused TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu of indulging in "selfish politics" and not stopping the unfair division of the state.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!