YSRCP chief Vijayalakshmi begins indefinite fast, blasts TDP
Guntur: YSR Congress Party honorary president YS Vijayalakshmi on Monday began her indefinite fast against the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh and accused TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu of having a tacit understanding with Congress on the separate statehood issue.
"Chandrababu`s 2008 letter to the then union finance minister Pranab Mukherjee, agreeing to division of Andhra Pradesh, was responsible for the CWC`s decision to carve out separate Telangana state," she alleged while addressing a public rally here.
Vijayalakshmi, who recently resigned as MLA from Pulivendula constituency, along with her son and Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, in protest against the "manner in which the division of the state was finalised by Congress", said that TDP was shedding crocodile tears on the issue.
She did not spare Congress either and accused the party of drawing a political mileage from the statehood issue.
"Congress decision (on carving out Telangana) is politically-motivated one and taken in keeping 2014 elections in mind," Vijayalakshmi added.
She said that Congress did not take into consideration the sentiments of people from the Andhra-Rayalaseema regions before taking a final call on the division of the state.
"YSR Congress` stand is clear. If equal justice cannot be done to both the regions, the state should be kept intact. Before the bifurcation of state takes place, issues like sharing of finance, river water, government staff should be taken into consideration," she said.
In a veiled attack on TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, Vijayalakshmi said, "People of Seemandhra are deeply attached with Hyderabad city and it is unjust to show them the door now".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi