YSRCP says Jagan`s health a cause of concern
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party president YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s indefinite hunger strike for the rollback of Union Cabinet`s decision to divide Andhra Pradesh entered fifth day on Wednesday with his party raising concerns over his health.
Doctors, who examined Jagan today, advised him to call off the fast as his sugar level is falling, a senior party leader said.
"Our party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy`s fast has entered the fifth day. His sugar level is falling and doctors have strongly advised him to withdraw the fast," YSRCP senior leader Konatala Ramakrishna told reporters here.
Konatala said Jagan has appealed to all parties to join hands in keeping the state united as the division is aimed at short-term political gains being "engineered by Congress and Sonia Gandhi to make Rahul Gandhi the prime minister".
Jagan launched his indefinite fast on October 5 at his residence here for unified Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, YSRCP likened the Group of Ministers (GoM), constituted by Centre to go into issues concerning division of Andhra Pradesh, to Simon Commission under British rule, and demanded Centre forthwith terminate further process for bifurcation of the southern state.
"We demand that state government convene a special session of Assembly to pass a resolution to keep the state united," Ramakrishna said.
He said YSRP wanted all Seemandhra leaders and also Central ministers and MPs to quit to create a constitutional crisis which would stall the process of dividing Andhra Pradesh.
Alleging that Centre lacked concern for the sentiments of crores of people who are on strike for the past 70 days, the YSRCP leader maintained the process of division should be stopped only by creating a constitutional crisis as told by Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'