YSRCP to attend meeting on Telangana convened by Centre: Jagan
Hyderabad: A representative of the YSR Congress Party would be attending the all-party meeting convened by the Centre on November 13 on the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh, the party said on Friday.
Talking to reporters here, YSRCP president Jaganmohan Reddy said that senior leader M V Mysoora Reddy would be representing the party at the meeting.
Jagan also said he would be visiting other states to canvass support for the united Andhra Pradesh.
"From 16th (November), we will go to other states in the country. From Tamil Nadu to Kolkata, from Kolkata to Uttar Pradesh and Odisha, we will go to all important states and meet all and try to muster support. We will go to Delhi also. We will meet all important parties, including BJP, and request them to change their stance. We will meet communists and urge them to cooperate," he said.
"We will tell them that this is what happening in our state and if you keep quiet, the same thing may happen in your state also."
He also said he would undertake a state-wide tour from November 26 in support of united Andhra Pradesh. It would include his `Odarpu yatra` (tour for consoling) and cover the Telangana region too.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu should "take back his letter given to the Centre in support of division and come out in support of united Andhra at least now", he said.
Criticising Congress about the way it was going about the process of division, Jagan wondered how solutions to complex problems like water-sharing be found within days, and expressed concern over availability of water post-division.
"Those in Delhi are going ahead with division in a haphazard way because they feel they are not going to come to power in that state (AP). Today, it is happening in AP. It won`t stop here and those in power can do it in other states," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!