YSRCP to organise public meeting in support of `united` AP
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) is set to organise a public meeting here on Saturday in support of a "united" Andhra Pradesh.
"The message we are going to convey to Delhi would be loud and clear -- that people`s will is to keep the state united. Despite inclement weather, the meeting will be held and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the voice of the majority of people who want to keep Andhra Pradesh united," a YSRCP release quoted senior party leader K Ramakrishna saying.
"At this juncture, the meeting is important as we have to vent our feelings to Delhi, which is going ahead with the bifurcation process without any respect to local sentiments and consequences arising out of the bifurcation," he said.
Since heavy rains wreaked havoc in Andhra Pradesh for the last four days, he said that the YSRCP party cadre would help people in rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued