YSRCP to organise public meeting in support of `united` AP
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) is set to organise a public meeting here on Saturday in support of a "united" Andhra Pradesh.
"The message we are going to convey to Delhi would be loud and clear -- that people`s will is to keep the state united. Despite inclement weather, the meeting will be held and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the voice of the majority of people who want to keep Andhra Pradesh united," a YSRCP release quoted senior party leader K Ramakrishna saying.
"At this juncture, the meeting is important as we have to vent our feelings to Delhi, which is going ahead with the bifurcation process without any respect to local sentiments and consequences arising out of the bifurcation," he said.
Since heavy rains wreaked havoc in Andhra Pradesh for the last four days, he said that the YSRCP party cadre would help people in rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman