YSRCP to organise public meeting in support of `united` AP
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) is set to organise a public meeting here on Saturday in support of a "united" Andhra Pradesh.
"The message we are going to convey to Delhi would be loud and clear -- that people`s will is to keep the state united. Despite inclement weather, the meeting will be held and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the voice of the majority of people who want to keep Andhra Pradesh united," a YSRCP release quoted senior party leader K Ramakrishna saying.
"At this juncture, the meeting is important as we have to vent our feelings to Delhi, which is going ahead with the bifurcation process without any respect to local sentiments and consequences arising out of the bifurcation," he said.
Since heavy rains wreaked havoc in Andhra Pradesh for the last four days, he said that the YSRCP party cadre would help people in rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa