YSRCP to organise public meeting in support of `united` AP
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) is set to organise a public meeting here on Saturday in support of a "united" Andhra Pradesh.
"The message we are going to convey to Delhi would be loud and clear -- that people`s will is to keep the state united. Despite inclement weather, the meeting will be held and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the voice of the majority of people who want to keep Andhra Pradesh united," a YSRCP release quoted senior party leader K Ramakrishna saying.
"At this juncture, the meeting is important as we have to vent our feelings to Delhi, which is going ahead with the bifurcation process without any respect to local sentiments and consequences arising out of the bifurcation," he said.
Since heavy rains wreaked havoc in Andhra Pradesh for the last four days, he said that the YSRCP party cadre would help people in rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP