YSR`s brother-in-law in police custody in forgery
Kadapa (AP): Former Kadapa Mayor P Ravindranatha Reddy, arrested in a forgery and cheating case, was on Wednesday sent in one day police custody.
Ravindranatha Reddy, brother-in-law of former Chief Minister late Y S Rajashekar Reddy, yesterday surrendered before Additional Judicial Magistrate First Class, who sent him in judicial remand for 14 days.
Soon after the surrender, police filed an application seeking Ravindranatha Reddy`s custody for interrogation.
Hearing the plea today, Judicial Magistrate Rajiv allowed the police to take his custody for one day - from 10 AM on Thursday to 10 AM the next day. The Judge directed the police to interrogate the ex-Mayor in presence of his lawyer.
The Kadapa police had on January 17 registered a criminal case against the former Mayor for allegedly using a fake seal and forging signature of cooperative officers.
He obtained a pre-arrest bail up to February 6 to participate in cooperative society elections, but went into hiding after that.
Early this month, the Andhra Pradesh High Court dismissed Ravindranatha Reddy`s petition seeking quashing of FIR registered against him.
The case was filed on a complaint by TDP leaders.
According to the complaint, Ravindranatha Reddy in December last submitted a petition to Divisional Cooperative Officer Srilakshimi by affixing fake seal and forging signature of officers of Peddacheppali Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society in Kamalapuram mandal of the district.
The petition was regarding alleged enrolment of bogus voters by TDP functionaries ahead of cooperative society polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016