YSR`s brother-in-law in police custody in forgery
Kadapa (AP): Former Kadapa Mayor P Ravindranatha Reddy, arrested in a forgery and cheating case, was on Wednesday sent in one day police custody.
Ravindranatha Reddy, brother-in-law of former Chief Minister late Y S Rajashekar Reddy, yesterday surrendered before Additional Judicial Magistrate First Class, who sent him in judicial remand for 14 days.
Soon after the surrender, police filed an application seeking Ravindranatha Reddy`s custody for interrogation.
Hearing the plea today, Judicial Magistrate Rajiv allowed the police to take his custody for one day - from 10 AM on Thursday to 10 AM the next day. The Judge directed the police to interrogate the ex-Mayor in presence of his lawyer.
The Kadapa police had on January 17 registered a criminal case against the former Mayor for allegedly using a fake seal and forging signature of cooperative officers.
He obtained a pre-arrest bail up to February 6 to participate in cooperative society elections, but went into hiding after that.
Early this month, the Andhra Pradesh High Court dismissed Ravindranatha Reddy`s petition seeking quashing of FIR registered against him.
The case was filed on a complaint by TDP leaders.
According to the complaint, Ravindranatha Reddy in December last submitted a petition to Divisional Cooperative Officer Srilakshimi by affixing fake seal and forging signature of officers of Peddacheppali Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society in Kamalapuram mandal of the district.
The petition was regarding alleged enrolment of bogus voters by TDP functionaries ahead of cooperative society polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know