YSR`s brother-in-law in police custody in forgery
Kadapa (AP): Former Kadapa Mayor P Ravindranatha Reddy, arrested in a forgery and cheating case, was on Wednesday sent in one day police custody.
Ravindranatha Reddy, brother-in-law of former Chief Minister late Y S Rajashekar Reddy, yesterday surrendered before Additional Judicial Magistrate First Class, who sent him in judicial remand for 14 days.
Soon after the surrender, police filed an application seeking Ravindranatha Reddy`s custody for interrogation.
Hearing the plea today, Judicial Magistrate Rajiv allowed the police to take his custody for one day - from 10 AM on Thursday to 10 AM the next day. The Judge directed the police to interrogate the ex-Mayor in presence of his lawyer.
The Kadapa police had on January 17 registered a criminal case against the former Mayor for allegedly using a fake seal and forging signature of cooperative officers.
He obtained a pre-arrest bail up to February 6 to participate in cooperative society elections, but went into hiding after that.
Early this month, the Andhra Pradesh High Court dismissed Ravindranatha Reddy`s petition seeking quashing of FIR registered against him.
The case was filed on a complaint by TDP leaders.
According to the complaint, Ravindranatha Reddy in December last submitted a petition to Divisional Cooperative Officer Srilakshimi by affixing fake seal and forging signature of officers of Peddacheppali Primary Agricultural Cooperative Society in Kamalapuram mandal of the district.
The petition was regarding alleged enrolment of bogus voters by TDP functionaries ahead of cooperative society polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?