YSR`s chopper was poorly maintained: Report
Hyderabad: The probe report on the possible causes that led to the crashing of YSR Reddy’s chopper has now put the blame on poor maintenance, reports said on Friday.
The Andhra Pradesh government owned Bell 430 (BT-APG) helicopter had crashed on September 2, 2009, killing the chief minister and four other people.
As per reports, YSR’s chopper was poorly maintained and was allowed to fly even when it was not airworthy. The report also points out the casual attitude of the maintenance staff regarding the upkeep of the VIP chopper.
The report tabled also flays the Andhra Pradesh Aviation Corporation Limited for not maintaining any snag register to allow an analysis of what went wrong.
The civil aviation will surely term it as a serious violation of norms and is poised to take stringent action.
The casual attitude of maintenance personnel is clearly reflected with no information provided by them about the technical details about the helicopter. It may be noted that the engine of the chopper was removed on 1/11/2007 and re-installed on 30/05/2009, but no reason was given for this.
The probe report totally blames the crew for being aware of the poor weather conditions before departure but still decided to ignore it.
The report also says the crew got engrossed in tackling a technical snag and clearly overlooked appropriate procedure during emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...