YSR`s chopper was poorly maintained: Report
Hyderabad: The probe report on the possible causes that led to the crashing of YSR Reddy’s chopper has now put the blame on poor maintenance, reports said on Friday.
The Andhra Pradesh government owned Bell 430 (BT-APG) helicopter had crashed on September 2, 2009, killing the chief minister and four other people.
As per reports, YSR’s chopper was poorly maintained and was allowed to fly even when it was not airworthy. The report also points out the casual attitude of the maintenance staff regarding the upkeep of the VIP chopper.
The report tabled also flays the Andhra Pradesh Aviation Corporation Limited for not maintaining any snag register to allow an analysis of what went wrong.
The civil aviation will surely term it as a serious violation of norms and is poised to take stringent action.
The casual attitude of maintenance personnel is clearly reflected with no information provided by them about the technical details about the helicopter. It may be noted that the engine of the chopper was removed on 1/11/2007 and re-installed on 30/05/2009, but no reason was given for this.
The probe report totally blames the crew for being aware of the poor weather conditions before departure but still decided to ignore it.
The report also says the crew got engrossed in tackling a technical snag and clearly overlooked appropriate procedure during emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands