YSR`s wife takes oath as member of AP assembly
Hyderabad: Vijaya Lakshmi, wife of late
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Rajasekhara Reddy, on Thursday took
oath as Member of Legislative Assembly here.
She was elected to the Assembly in a by-election from
Puvendula constituency which fell vacant after Reddy`s death
in a chopper crash in September last year.
Speaker Kirankumar Reddy administered the oath to Vijaya
Lakshmi at his chamber. She was elected unopposed in the
by-election held on December 5.
APCC president D Srinivas, Dr Reddy`s son and MP Y S
Jagan Mohan Reddy and close family friends and Rajya Sabha
member KVP Ramachandra Rao were among others present on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire