YSR`s wife takes oath as member of AP assembly
Hyderabad: Vijaya Lakshmi, wife of late
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Rajasekhara Reddy, on Thursday took
oath as Member of Legislative Assembly here.
She was elected to the Assembly in a by-election from
Puvendula constituency which fell vacant after Reddy`s death
in a chopper crash in September last year.
Speaker Kirankumar Reddy administered the oath to Vijaya
Lakshmi at his chamber. She was elected unopposed in the
by-election held on December 5.
APCC president D Srinivas, Dr Reddy`s son and MP Y S
Jagan Mohan Reddy and close family friends and Rajya Sabha
member KVP Ramachandra Rao were among others present on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police