YSR`s wife takes oath as member of AP assembly
Hyderabad: Vijaya Lakshmi, wife of late
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Rajasekhara Reddy, on Thursday took
oath as Member of Legislative Assembly here.
She was elected to the Assembly in a by-election from
Puvendula constituency which fell vacant after Reddy`s death
in a chopper crash in September last year.
Speaker Kirankumar Reddy administered the oath to Vijaya
Lakshmi at his chamber. She was elected unopposed in the
by-election held on December 5.
APCC president D Srinivas, Dr Reddy`s son and MP Y S
Jagan Mohan Reddy and close family friends and Rajya Sabha
member KVP Ramachandra Rao were among others present on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet