10 militants held for Assam police officer`s killing
Guwahati: Assam Police have arrested 10 militants involved in the killing of a top police officer and his personal security officer in Karbi Anglong district, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said here Tuesday.
Superintendent of Police Nityananda Goswami and his security officer Ratul Nunisa were killed in a gunfight with militants in Rangphu in Karbi Anglong district June 5.
Gogoi said the 10 militants were arrested from near the Assam-Nagaland border in the district Monday night and that they confessed their involvement in the crime.
The 10 militants, belonging to the United Peoples Liberation Army (UPLA), included its `commander-in-chief` and Nikunja Kathar and `deputy commander-in-chief` Langning Terang, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!