10 militants held for Assam police officer`s killing
Guwahati: Assam Police have arrested 10 militants involved in the killing of a top police officer and his personal security officer in Karbi Anglong district, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said here Tuesday.
Superintendent of Police Nityananda Goswami and his security officer Ratul Nunisa were killed in a gunfight with militants in Rangphu in Karbi Anglong district June 5.
Gogoi said the 10 militants were arrested from near the Assam-Nagaland border in the district Monday night and that they confessed their involvement in the crime.
The 10 militants, belonging to the United Peoples Liberation Army (UPLA), included its `commander-in-chief` and Nikunja Kathar and `deputy commander-in-chief` Langning Terang, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!