10 NDFB militants surrender in Assam
Guwahati: Altogether 10 National Democratic
Front of Bodoland (NDFB) militants of Ranjan Daimary-led anti
talk faction surrendered along with their arms and ammunitions
at Sonitpur on Saturday, officials said here.
The militants surrendered before GOC Gajraj Corps Lt Gen
Shakti Gurung at Tezpur`s Polo Ground at a function, organised
jointly by army, police and Assam Rifles, they said.
They also surrendered a 7.62 mm rifle, a AK-56 rifle,
five 7.65 mm pistols, five .22 rifles, one carbine machine gun
along with huge quantities of arms and ammunitions, the
Speaking on the occasion, Gurung said that many more
misguided youths would return to the mainstream in the near
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics