2 ULFA cadres surrender with arms and ammunition
Dibrugarh: Two ULFA insurgents surrendered with arms and ammunition before the army in Assam`s Dibrugarh district Friday
Pappu Baruah alias Janoik Deep Asom(25) and Chitranjan Das (28) alias Oikya Asom handed over to the 5 J-K Light Regiment officers two Italy made pistols, three magazines, 10 cartridges and a grenade.
Pappu Baruah hails from Chabua Mudai village in Dibrugarh district and Chitranjan Das is from Sorusajj village in Jorhat district.
The duo had joined the proscribed outfit in July 2010 and underwent guerrilla training in its camps located in Myanmar, defence sources said.
They were engaged for some time in administrative duty in ULFA camps and then put on `operation` duty in upper Assam area, the sources said.
Meanwhile, ULFA (Liberation) faction led by its `Commander-in-Chief` Paresh Baruah has denied that any of its members had surrendered in Dibrugarh today.
Claiming the surrender was a "drama", ULFA(L) publicity wing member Jai Asom in an e-mail said there was nobody called Janoik Deep Asom or Oikya Asom in its wings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III