27 Assam police officials chargesheeted
Guwahati: CBI has chargesheeted 27 Assam
Police for their alleged involvement in the multi-crore rupees
scandal in the appointment of constables in the 10th Assam
CBI sources said here on Sunday that the chargesheet was
filed earlier this week for anomalies found in 2007 in the
appointment procedure and siphoning off of about Rs 19 crore
in fake appointments from 2001 to 2006.
Among the chargesheeted were three retired IPS
officers - Paresh Neog, Indrakanta Gogoi and Jiban Singh for
being allegedly involved in the scandal, the sources said.
The case was handed over to CBI in 2009 following
which the central probe agency grilled several police
officials and at least seven IPS officers.
The scam is being investigated by the anti-corruption
wing of CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown