27 Assam police officials chargesheeted
Guwahati: CBI has chargesheeted 27 Assam
Police for their alleged involvement in the multi-crore rupees
scandal in the appointment of constables in the 10th Assam
CBI sources said here on Sunday that the chargesheet was
filed earlier this week for anomalies found in 2007 in the
appointment procedure and siphoning off of about Rs 19 crore
in fake appointments from 2001 to 2006.
Among the chargesheeted were three retired IPS
officers - Paresh Neog, Indrakanta Gogoi and Jiban Singh for
being allegedly involved in the scandal, the sources said.
The case was handed over to CBI in 2009 following
which the central probe agency grilled several police
officials and at least seven IPS officers.
The scam is being investigated by the anti-corruption
wing of CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak