27 Assam police officials chargesheeted
Guwahati: CBI has chargesheeted 27 Assam
Police for their alleged involvement in the multi-crore rupees
scandal in the appointment of constables in the 10th Assam
CBI sources said here on Sunday that the chargesheet was
filed earlier this week for anomalies found in 2007 in the
appointment procedure and siphoning off of about Rs 19 crore
in fake appointments from 2001 to 2006.
Among the chargesheeted were three retired IPS
officers - Paresh Neog, Indrakanta Gogoi and Jiban Singh for
being allegedly involved in the scandal, the sources said.
The case was handed over to CBI in 2009 following
which the central probe agency grilled several police
officials and at least seven IPS officers.
The scam is being investigated by the anti-corruption
wing of CBI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'