27 Assam police officials chargesheeted
Guwahati: CBI has chargesheeted 27 Assam
Police for their alleged involvement in the multi-crore rupees
scandal in the appointment of constables in the 10th Assam
CBI sources said here on Sunday that the chargesheet was
filed earlier this week for anomalies found in 2007 in the
appointment procedure and siphoning off of about Rs 19 crore
in fake appointments from 2001 to 2006.
Among the chargesheeted were three retired IPS
officers - Paresh Neog, Indrakanta Gogoi and Jiban Singh for
being allegedly involved in the scandal, the sources said.
The case was handed over to CBI in 2009 following
which the central probe agency grilled several police
officials and at least seven IPS officers.
The scam is being investigated by the anti-corruption
wing of CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi