3 ULFA hardcore ultras nabbed in Assam; grenades, pistol recovered
Goalpara/Guwahati: Three hardcore ULFA insurgents were arrested with grenades, pistols and ammunition from Assam`s Goalpara and Dibrugarh districts on Saturday.
On a tip off, police nabbed two militants from a bus coming from Arunachal Pradesh in front of the army camp at Lakhipur in Goalpara district.
Five hand grenades, a pistol with 20 ammunition and blank cartridges of AK-47 rifle were recovered from the ultras who are brothers, police sources said.
The two have been identified as Gupesh Hajong, who was trained in an ULFA camp in Bhutan in 1997, and Durlav Hajong, the sources said.
In Dibrugarh district, another ULFA extremist Nitul Das was picked up at Chabua with five grenades, one pistol, ammunition and documents.
Interrogation of the arrested ultras were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof