3 ULFA hardcore ultras nabbed in Assam; grenades, pistol recovered
Goalpara/Guwahati: Three hardcore ULFA insurgents were arrested with grenades, pistols and ammunition from Assam`s Goalpara and Dibrugarh districts on Saturday.
On a tip off, police nabbed two militants from a bus coming from Arunachal Pradesh in front of the army camp at Lakhipur in Goalpara district.
Five hand grenades, a pistol with 20 ammunition and blank cartridges of AK-47 rifle were recovered from the ultras who are brothers, police sources said.
The two have been identified as Gupesh Hajong, who was trained in an ULFA camp in Bhutan in 1997, and Durlav Hajong, the sources said.
In Dibrugarh district, another ULFA extremist Nitul Das was picked up at Chabua with five grenades, one pistol, ammunition and documents.
Interrogation of the arrested ultras were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...