30 Villages inundated in Assam
Assam: Over 30 villages in Udalguri district have been inundated by flash floods following torrential rain since the last two days, official sources said on Monday.
About 20,000 people have been affected by the flood water and many livestock washed away.
Road connectivity to the remote Bhergaon sub-division of the district has been snapped.
Affected people have taken shelter in schools and in high places.
The district administration is keeping a round the clock vigil on the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6
- Active parent involvement reduces obesity risk in children: Study
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders
- Earth-like planet found in nearest solar system: Study