35 militants surrender in Assam
Tezpur (Assam): In a major success for the govermment, 35 militants belonging to three outfits laid down their arms before Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi here.
While 27 of the militants were from the Karbi Peoples` Liberation Tigers (KPLT), six belonged to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland and two from the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA).
The militants also handed over a large number of arms and ammunition on Saturday.
Among those who laid down arms were KLPT`s self-styled Foreign Secretary Moniram Rongpi and self-styled Defence Secretary Ramling Ranghang.
Besides Gogoi, Assam Planning Minister Tanka Bahadur Rai, state assembly Deputy Speaker Bhimananda Tanti and General Officer Commanding (GOC) of Army`s Four Corp Lt Gen Shakti Gurung were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray